Worried, afraid or concerned about dental treatment? Get in touch with us today and find out how we can help.
Great teeth can change your life!
Knowing we look good can make a huge difference to our self-confidence. It can put a real spring in our step, and make us feel as if we could take on the world. While it is no surprise we make judgements based on initial impressions, it’s a persons smile and teeth which can prompt astounding intuitive views about their lifestyle. If we know our smile looks good we are more likely to show it off, which makes us feel better and makes other people react more positively towards us. The feeling of confidence can have far-reaching effects on your life. It can spur you on to do things you may not otherwise have considered, from making new friends to taking up new interests.
Our teeth can play a huge part in the way we look and feel…
One of the first things people notice is your smile. If chipped, stained, or crooked teeth are “hiding” the real you, it’s time for a smile make over.
A beautiful smile can brighten your life every day, professionally and socially. And unlike plastic surgery, cosmetic dentistry isn’t a major operation. Imagine coming in for a single appointment or two and emerging with the smile you’ve always wanted…no pain, no strain, no time taken away from your busy life. The results are immediate and dramatic. Come in for a consultation. There are many ways we can give you a youthful, attractive, natural looking smile!
Brighten teeth that have lost their sparkle.
We can treat discoloured, stained or aging teeth with our state-of-the-art Zoom 2 whitening process. The treatment can be completed in just over an hour in our office, or you can choose at-home treatments. A dazzling smile isn’t just for celebrities any more. It’s for you, because you’re worth it.
Tooth Coloured Fillings
Advances in biomaterial technology have made tooth coloured fillings enter an era of absolute confidence in their physical properties as an improved alternative to metal amalgam fillings. They have become the standard of care.
There are a number of types of tooth-coloured fillings. These are:
- Composite FillingsThe material is a composite quartz resin (durable plastic) containing a light-sensitive activating agent. It is bonded into place and hardened with light. Our clinic is equipped with intensified ‘arc light’ technology which hardens the filling in 10 seconds, compared to the 2-3 minutes needed using conventional quartz halogen light. These are the most commonly used type of ‘white’ fillings. They are also used in cosmetic dentistry to patch up chips or as Composite Veneers, often referred to as ‘Bonding’. These materials come in a variety of tooth shades to match your own tooth colour.
- Glass Ionomer FillingsThey are not as strong as composite fillings and are therefore limited in their use to small cavities or parts of the tooth which are non stress-bearing. They have a major advantage of containing ‘Fluoride’ which helps prevent decay and are mostly used in back teeth.
- Porcelain, or Composite InlaysSimilar in process to Porcelain Veneers, inlays require 2 appointments as they are fabricated in a dental laboratory. These procedures were common to overcome some of the limitations of the older generation composite materials in large cavities. Inlays have superior strength and may be indicated as an alternative to a Crown in very large cavities or fractured back teeth.
- Cover problem teeth with ultra-thin porcelain veneers.Think of this treatment as a manicure for your smile. Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are custom fit over your natural teeth. We can change the shape, colour and length of your teeth in only two visits. It looks so good you’ll wonder why you waited so long.
- Porcelain Crowns:When the size of a “filling” exceeds a certain proportion of the tooth, it must be replaced with a “cap,” also called a “crown.” Porcelain crowns look very natural and don’t have a dark metal line.Porcelain crowns reflect light with a natural healthy glow.
Go natural with implants.
Implants are bridges that are permanently anchored into the jaw. Because there is always a perfect fit, implants are almost the same as having your natural teeth back again. To qualify for implants, you’ll need healthy oral tissues and jawbone ridges that are in good shape. If you’re suffering from tooth loss, let’s discuss whether implants are an option for you.
Turn “metal mouth” into a natural smile.
Replace old crowns and bridges with metal-free restorations. There’s a huge difference between metal fillings and our new porcelain restorations that reflect the translucence of natural teeth. Your new metal-free crowns, inlays and bridges won’t show wear or cause opposing teeth to erode, and fitting the crown or bridge is a breeze.
Ditch ill-fitting dentures with new ones that are even more natural, functional and comfortable.
These are not your mother’s dentures. New materials can be custom blended to your skin, hair and eye colour to look as if you were born with perfect teeth. Dentures can also be replaced or relined to correct problems with aging jaws so you can chew without discomfort again.